- The $15.7 billion invested in 1Q2015 is up from the $15.6 billion invested in 4Q2014 and up from $12.4 billion invested in 1Q2014.
- Venture-backed companies had the highest median valuations on record during the first quarter.
- The largest financing in the quarter was a $1 billion round by SpaceX.
- There were 12 venture-backed IPOs in 1Q2015, down from 23 IPOs in 4Q2014.
- M&A was down in 1Q2015, with 104 deals in the quarter, down from 109 in 4Q2014, and the amount paid in 1Q2015 was down a whopping 71%, at $9.9 billion, compared to the $33.8 billion paid in 4Q2014.
Link to article: