- Fundraising for venture capital funds continues to be difficult for all but the small number of "must have" funds. Nothing new here, as 2011 was a difficult year and I don't see much to change that in the near term.
- Venture capitalists are bullish on investing opportunities. They are seeing lots of innovative companies, and are deploying capital.
- LPs continue to re-balance their portfolios, and many are reducing the number of GP relationships they manage.
- Mega-buyout funds are out of favor for most LPs, and small-to-mid-market buyout funds are in favor.
- The IPO market is anticipating the Facebook IPO, and how that IPO performs will determine whether the floodgates will open for more venture-backed IPOs.
I attended the Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Outlook Conference in New York this past week, and there were a number of take-aways:
About this Blog
This Blog is a collection of thoughts on a variety of topics of interest to me, including:
Find me on LinkedIn
Find me on Twitter
All original works on this site are
© 2011-2018 Allen J. Latta. All rights reserved. Neither this website nor any portion thereof may be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express prior written permission of Allen J. Latta.