- Fundraising for venture capital funds continues to be difficult for all but the small number of "must have" funds. Nothing new here, as 2011 was a difficult year and I don't see much to change that in the near term.
- Venture capitalists are bullish on investing opportunities. They are seeing lots of innovative companies, and are deploying capital.
- LPs continue to re-balance their portfolios, and many are reducing the number of GP relationships they manage.
- Mega-buyout funds are out of favor for most LPs, and small-to-mid-market buyout funds are in favor.
- The IPO market is anticipating the Facebook IPO, and how that IPO performs will determine whether the floodgates will open for more venture-backed IPOs.
I attended the Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst Outlook Conference in New York this past week, and there were a number of take-aways:
About this Blog
This Blog is a collection of thoughts on a variety of topics of interest to me, including:
Find me on LinkedIn
Find me on Twitter